Pay: £203.50 per week
Hours: 37 per week, Monday to Friday
Expected Apprenticeship Duration: 13 months
Application Closing Date: 18th March 2022
Please note: Weston College are managing the recruitment of this position.
We are currently working with Weston College to recruit an Apprentice Commis Chef (Level 2).
The successful candidate will support the Chef on duty at Broadway Lodge to prepare freshly made, nutritious meals for clients and staff. They will manage the stock of food and keep the recently refurbished client lounge and dining room in tip top condition as well as the stock and washing up areas clean and tidy. There will be daily duties to wash up cooking equipment and crockery/cutlery used and also an opportunity to do some baking and dessert making for the patients in the week.
- Preparation of fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Assist in preparation of a variety of meals.
- Assist with clean down in kitchen and dining areas, including tables and floors.
- Assist with washing up cooking equipment and crockery.
- Top up and cleaning of condiments/tea/coffee/fruit etc. in dining rooms.
- Checking and cleaning of client fridges and cupboards in dining areas and assist the Chef with managing the contents and cleaning of the commercial fridges and freezers.
- Small amount of laundry, predominantly cloths used in the kitchen and the dining areas.
- Assist with stock rotation, deliveries of orders and food donations
- Assist with baking (not daily) and dessert making.
- Manage recycling and waste in dining areas and assist Chef in kitchen areas.
- Adhere to all food hygiene requirements.
- Adhere to all health and safety requirements for the safety of yourself and others.
It is anticipated that the successful applicant will work Monday – Friday including Bank Holidays and not anticipated to work later than 7pm. There may be some occasional weekend cover required.
Initial hourly rate will be £5.50 per hour (£203.50 per 37 hour week) whilst completing the Apprenticeship.
Find Out More
The full details of this apprenticeship opportunity and application instructions can be found on the Weston College website by clicking the green button below.