Are you close to somebody who is suffering with the illness of addiction? If so, it’s likely that like thousands of others, you find it very challenging and don’t know what to do for the best. Maybe you are full of fear for your loved one, or the situations they put you or themselves in make you feel stressed, frustrated and angry. Perhaps the prolonged strain has taken enjoyment out of your everyday life and you’ve been left feeling anxious and depressed.
We know that addiction has a massive impact on relatives and it’s important that you get help and support for your own wellbeing. The best help you can give to your loved one is to seek help for yourself first and our counsellor-led Family Programme will help you to start implementing positive changes so you can begin to heal. It is designed to support, educate and help improve the wellbeing of anyone who is affected by a loved ones addiction.
Family Programme Sunday 28th August – What To Expect
One of our highly experienced counsellors will be leading this online Family Programme via Zoom over the course of one day. It will start at 10am and finish at 4.30pm. You will join up to 10 other participants who are also wanting support, to learn the tools to be able to move forward and know how to best navigate addiction in the family.
With a mixture of listening and interaction, you will learn about the nature of addiction, the roles that relatives can often adopt (and why this can cause problems for you), and how to look after your own wellbeing. It also provides a non-judgmental space to talk about your feelings with others who will understand.
The day is designed to be educational but also supportive, and the counsellor is happy to answer any questions or comments throughout. Closer to the end of the day the counsellor will lead a group therapy session involving all participants and there will be an hour to reflect and conclude the Family Programme you’ve engaged in at the end.
The day will include:
• Step 1 & The Family Illness
• Drama Triangle
• Feelings Check
• Group Therapy
• Reflective Practice
£49 for up to two attendees sharing one screen (excluding Eventbrite fees).
How to Book
To book your place on our August Online Family Programme, please click the ‘Book Now’ button below to book and pay online via Eventbrite.
Once you sign up and book your place, you will receive a welcome email with the Zoom link to enable you to participate as well as some helpful attachments which can be sent to you in the post if you would like to have the physical pack. The pack will contain:
• The presentation slides
• Addiction Information for Loved Ones (booklet)
• Families Anonymous leaflets
• Hazelden Step One for Families booklet
We understand that things can change so we will offer you a full refund if you cancel at least 48 hours before the start of the session. Cancellations made between the start time of the session and 48 hours prior will not be refunded but you will be able to transfer your booking to an alternative Family Programme date for no extra charge (subject to availability).
To cancel your booking and request a refund or credit for a future Family Programme date, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within 5 days.
When you book your place on the Family Programme, you agree to these terms.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. You can call us on 01934 812319 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Important Finer Details & Recommendations:
• In order to ensure that you can make the most out of the Family Programme, it’s recommended that you are seated in a quiet and comfortable room that has good internet/WiFi connection.
• Please use a device that can be plugged into power so that you do not run out of battery (if using a mobile device rather than a desktop computer).
• Headphones without a mic can improve the quality of the audio so are recommended but you will still be able to hear if you don’t have access to headphones.
• You do not have to create a Zoom account to be able to access the sessions and you will be sent joining instructions in advance, but we do recommend logging into the session at least 10 minutes before the start time to allow for any teething problems or delays you may encounter.
• The discussions throughout are of a very personal and sensitive nature so please be reassured that the Zoom sessions will not be recorded.
• We do ask that you connect to video for the session.
• There will be chance to ask questions throughout.