Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 9am-1pm Saturday & Sunday (8 hours per week)
Rate of Pay: £9.00 per hour
Broadway Lodge is one of the leading and most respected abstinence-based addiction treatment centres in the UK. Since 1974, our multidisciplinary team have helped to transform the lives of thousands of people, supporting them in their recovery from addiction to alcohol, illicit drugs, prescription drugs, gambling, sex and gaming. We are immensely proud of the people who make Broadway Lodge what it is today. Without those who work so hard for us we wouldn’t be able to transform the lives of those who need it most.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Housekeeper to join our busy team in our 5-bedroom Gordon Beard Unit. We are looking for someone to manage the housekeeping and laundry for the Gordon Beard Unit to ensure that we maintain the highest standards of infection control and prevention and general cleanliness. The successful candidate will ensure the promotion of high standards of care and understand the importance of creating a kind, compassionate and caring community for our clients.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The postholder will be responsible for ensuring that all housekeeping duties are completed to a high-quality standard and in compliance with the specific cleaning schedules and guidelines and ensure that this is appropriately documented.
- Ensure the site maintains a high level of cleanliness.
- Carry out daily & weekly cleaning regimes.
- Preparing rooms for client arrival.
- Keeping entrances, living rooms, hallways and outdoor areas clean and tidy on a daily basis.
- Deep cleaning bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchens to a high standard.
- Maintain & replenish stock and ensure that equipment is clean.
- Providing a welcoming and accommodating environment for our clients.
- Logging maintenance issues to help keep our facilities safe and secure.
- Employ safe working practices & adhere to health & safety procedures.
- Comply with Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations
Undertake all duties and responsibilities in accordance with:
- The Company’s policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
- CQC and other regulatory requirements.
- Relevant legislation.
- Maintaining confidentiality of clients, relatives and staff.
Particularly in relation to information governance, confidentiality, diversity and health & safety.
Benefits include Health Care Cash Plan, Group Life Cover & Pension Scheme.
All staff must co-operate and attend all appropriate mandatory and statutory training as required by the organisation and when appropriate attend individual supervision and appraisal.
Person Specification – We Are Looking For:
- A good team player.
- An individual with a positive attitude with the ability to express empathy and a non-judgmental attitude with a compassionate, calm and caring approach.
- Experience in cleaning, housekeeping or domestic work (desirable).
- Knowledge of COSHH and Infection control principle (desirable).
You will need to be flexible with your working hours to accommodate holiday and sickness cover.
How To Apply:
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 26th May 2021
We also have a weekday Housekeeper position available: Monday to Friday 9.15am-1.15pm (20 hours per week).
Broadway Lodge is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo a DBS check.