Pay: £10.55 per hour
Job Type: Permanent, part-time (3.5 hour evening shifts)
Broadway Lodge is currently seeking two Twilight Health Care Assistants to work with us at our rehabilitation centre in Weston-Super-Mare.
Broadway Lodge is one of the leading and most respected abstinence-based addiction treatment centres in the UK. Since 1974, our multidisciplinary team have helped to transform the lives of thousands of people, supporting them in their recovery from addiction to alcohol, illicit drugs, prescription drugs, gambling, sex and gaming. We are immensely proud of the people who make Broadway Lodge what it is today. Without those who work so hard for us we wouldn’t be able to transform the lives of those who need it most.
Broadway Lodge is seeking to recruit two experienced and skilled Health Care Assistants to join our busy medical team as part of our evening staff cover. The successful candidates will ensure the promotion of high standards of care and understand the importance of creating a kind, compassionate and caring community for our clients delivered through the highest quality of person-centred care. You will support clients to successfully complete their treatment journey at Broadway Lodge which can be hugely rewarding.
- Provide health care support at Broadway Lodge, as part of the clinical team.
- Provide direct patient care and support in a variety of clinical settings.
- Constantly strive to maintain excellent quality of care to residents undertaking a 12-step treatment programme.
- As a Broadway Lodge employee, the postholder is expected to be a clear, effective communicator with an open, polite and professional attitude. The postholder will respect all patients, carers and staff and contribute to a clean, safe, and friendly environment.
Scope of responsibilities:
- Support the medical team in the delivery of medications and medicine management and complete medical observations of the clients in treatment and reporting back to the clinical team.
- Support clients with the administering of their medication, conduct accurate and timely medication audits and to maintain accurate medication records.
- Maintain accurate client records and databases, in a timely fashion.
- Support the maintenance of a clean, orderly and safe building.
- Promote the values of working within in a therapeutic environment and embrace the values of compassion in the delivery of treatment.
- Complete general administration duties.
- Ensure that the clients observe the programme’s rules and take action where these may have been breached including substance testing.
- Work with clients to support appropriate and achievable recovery plans to help them address their identified needs.
- Ensure that residents attend external appointments in line with their care plan by supporting them to access transport or accompanying them if necessary.
- Assist in the day-to-day operation of services by working with client and enabling them to cope with practical aspects of daily therapeutic treatment living.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of a range of client interventions both individually and within the group context.
- Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required by the Nurse on duty.
Undertake all duties and responsibilities in accordance with:
- The Company’s policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines
- CQC and other regulatory requirements
- Relevant legislation
Particularly in relation to information governance, confidentiality, diversity, health & safety and medication control.
All staff must co-operate and attend all appropriate mandatory and statutory training as required by the organisation and /or their professional bodies and attend regular individual supervision and appraisal.
Experience & skills we are looking for:
- An excellent communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills and able to put others at ease.
- A good team player.
- 1 year + experience working in the health or social care sector.
- Previous experience of working within the substance misuse field is desirable but not essential.
- NVQ Level 3 qualification in Health and Social Care or similar (desirable).
- An individual with the ability to express empathy and a non-judgemental attitude with a compassionate, calm and caring approach.
Hours of Work:
Week 1: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, 7.30pm-11pm (14 hours total)
Week 2: Friday, Saturday & Sunday, 7.30pm-11pm (10.5 hours total)
- 28 days annual leave rising to 30
- Life Insurance
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Health Care Cash Plan
- Employee Wellbeing Programme
- Training Programmes
- Enhanced bank holiday pay
- Overtime enhancements
- Free Parking
How To Apply:
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com by midnight on Thursday 16th September 2021.
For further details, please contact Jodie Pickles, Human Resources on 01934 818033. If you are new to the addiction field and would like to understand the work that we do here before applying please call us and we can arrange a visit to our centre for coffee and a chat with our clinical team.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The safe recruitment of staff is the first step to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our clients. All offers of employment are subject to the receipt of a minimum of two satisfactory references. Broadway Lodge undertakes the level of DBS check for which a particular staff member is eligible. Health Care Assistant candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
Broadway Lodge is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.