Pay: £9.20 – £10.55 per hour
Job Type: Permanent, full-time
Broadway Lodge is one of the leading and most respected abstinence-based addiction treatment centres in the UK. Since 1974, our multidisciplinary team have helped to transform the lives of thousands of people, supporting them in their recovery from addiction to alcohol, illicit drugs, prescription drugs, gambling, sex and gaming. We are immensely proud of the people who make Broadway Lodge what it is today. Without those who work so hard for us we wouldn’t be able to transform the lives of those who need it most.
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced and skilled Health Care Assistant to join our busy medical team. The successful candidate will ensure the promotion of high standards of care and understand the importance of creating a kind, compassionate and caring community for our clients delivered through the highest quality of person-centred care. As well as supporting clients in successful completion of their treatment journey with Broadway Lodge. This can be a challenging environment to work in but is hugely rewarding.
- Provide health care support at Broadway Lodge, providing cover for a variety of shifts as and when required.
- Provide direct patient care and support in a variety of clinical settings.
- Constantly strive to maintain excellent quality of care to residents undertaking a 12-step treatment programme.
- As a Broadway Lodge employee, the postholder is expected to be a clear, effective communicator with an open, polite, and professional attitude. The postholder will respect all patients, carers and staff and contribute to a clean, safe, and friendly environment.
Scope of responsibilities:
- Supporting the medical team in the delivery of medications and medicine management and complete medical observations of the clients in treatment and reporting back to the clinical team.
- Supporting clients with the administering of their medication, conduct accurate and timely medication audits and to maintain accurate medication records.
- Maintaining accurate client records and databases, in a timely fashion.
- Support maintaining a clean, orderly and safe building.
- Promoting the values of working within in a therapeutic environment and embrace the values of compassion in the delivery of treatment.
- Completing general administration duties.
- Ensuring that the clients observe the programme’s rules and take action where these may have been breached including substance testing.
- Working with clients to support appropriate and achievable recovery plans to help them address their identified needs.
- Ensuring that residents attend external appointments in line with their care plan by supporting them to access transport or accompanying them if necessary.
- Assisting in the day-to-day operation of services by working with client and enabling them to cope with practical aspects of daily therapeutic treatment living.
- Contributing to the development, implementation and monitoring of a range of client interventions both individually and within the group context.
- Undertaking such other duties as may be reasonably required by the Nurse on duty.
Undertake all duties and responsibilities in accordance with:
- The Company’s policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines
- CQC and other regulatory requirements
- Relevant legislation
Particularly in relation to information governance, confidentiality, diversity, health & safety and medication control.
Person specification – we are looking for:
- An excellent communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills and able to put others at ease.
- A good team player.
- 1 year + experience working in the health or social care sector.
- Previous experience of working within the substance misuse field is desirable but not essential.
- NVQ Level 3 qualification in Health and Social Care or similar (desirable).
- An individual with the ability to express empathy and a non-judgemental attitude with a compassionate, calm and caring approach.
- Night working (12 hour shifts: 19.45pm – 07.45am)
- You will need to be flexible with your working hours to accommodate the 24-hour rota system.
All staff must co-operate and attend all appropriate mandatory and statutory training as required by the organisation and /or their professional bodies and attend regular individual supervision and appraisal.
Health Care Cash Plan, Group Life Cover, Pension Scheme
How To Apply
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 7th May 2021
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Broadway Lodge is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.