- Salary: £21,500 – £22,660 depending on qualifications and experience
- Job type: Temporary (until March 2023)
- Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours, Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm)
Funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) and National Lottery Community Fund, a position has arisen as part of the community-based West of England Works Building Better Opportunities Programme.
The aim of the programme is to support people who are not in employment, education or training who face multiple and complex barriers to securing sustainable employment and training across the West of England area.
This is a temporary contract and will come to an end in March 2023.
This role will require working with people with addiction issues, supporting them in their recovery and helping them work towards their individual goals.
The role of the case worker will be:
- To pro-actively attract suitable participants to the programme through advertising, networking and engagement within local communities in the Weston-super-Mare and Bristol area.
- To provide specialist assistance for participants with substance misuse issues that are inhibiting progress into education, training and employment.
- To work primarily on a 1-1 basis to:
- Provide recovery support
- Help participants identify barriers to accessing education, training and employment; set goals and create individual action plans; and provide support to overcome these barriers.
- Provide support to access education and training/personal development courses.
- Provide support to access voluntary work, work taster days and work placement programmes.
- Provide preparation for employment support including CV writing, job search, job applications, interview prep and in-work support for new job starts.
- To work collaboratively with the rest of the team, other programme partners and specialist providers to provide a holistic package of support.
- To complete all necessary paperwork and maintain compliance with the programme requirements.
- To work closely with and report to the Project Coordinator.
We require candidates who are passionate, professional and conscientious. The successful applicant must have experience of working with people with addiction issues, a good awareness of the issues they face, plus a good knowledge of services available in Weston-super-Mare and Bristol. Excellent IT skills and attention to detail are also essential requirements.
Salary: £21,500 – £22,660 depending on qualifications and experience
Full Time- 37.5 hours Monday – Friday 9am-5pm
Benefits – Health Care Cash Plan, Group Life Cover, Pension Scheme
Employment is conditional upon the provision of a satisfactory DBS certificate
How to Apply:
Please apply by emailing your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by midnight on Tuesday 10th May 2022.