Pay: £28,236.00 – £30,771.00 per year (pro rata for part time employees)
Job type: Full-time & part-time roles available (permanent), predominantly night shifts
Broadway Lodge is one of the leading and most respected abstinence-based addiction treatment centres in the UK. Since 1974, our multidisciplinary team have helped to transform the lives of thousands of people, supporting them in their recovery from addiction to alcohol, illicit drugs, prescription drugs, gambling, sex and gaming. We are immensely proud of the people who make Broadway Lodge what it is today. Without those who work so hard for us we wouldn’t be able to transform the lives of those who need it most.
We are currently seeking Registered Nurses to work with us at our rehabilitation centre in Weston-Super-Mare and assist in the delivery of detoxification and rehabilitation. Broadway Lodge is one of the few treatment centres in the UK that has specialist nurses on site day and night. This means there will always be someone available to our clients should they experience a medical difficulty or just need someone to talk to. Our clinical team is made up of experienced and qualified psychiatrists, nurse prescribers, specialist nurses and health care assistants. As a member of our team, you’ll deliver the kind of care and support you’d want for your own family and build relationships with some incredible people.
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified, enthusiastic, and compassionate individual to join our dedicated clinical team. No two days are the same at Broadway Lodge and working as part of a specialist multi-disciplinary team you will be supporting clients in their recovery from addiction.
This role is ideal if you are passionate about delivering high quality care or using your clinical skills and expertise in a new way. If you are a Nurse that has worked for the NHS or in the private sector and are looking for a change in a rewarding environment, then our rehabilitation center may be the place for you. Broadway Lodge is rated ‘good’ in all areas by the CQC.
Clinical Intervention Responsibilities
- Establish a compassionate environment by providing physical, emotional, and psychological support to clients.
- Administer medication including full detoxification to clients, ensuring the Medical team are fully informed of progress whilst adhering to the in-house policy.
- Undertake and record clinical observations made.
- Observe behaviours and physical, emotional, and mental state of clients.
- Identify the priorities of nursing care for individual clients.
- Play a part in promoting health to our clients.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, ensuring good communication between disciplines, liaising with internal departments and external services.
- Maintain accurate and legible nursing records as stipulated by the NMC Record and Record Keeping standard.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Carry out tasks as requested by the Registered Manager, Nursing Team Lead or Clinical Lead.
- Act as Fire Officer, adhering to the procedures laid down by Broadway Lodge.
- Maintain a good level of knowledge of the treatment protocols and procedures.
Experience & Skills
We are looking for:
- RGN/RMN qualification
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to put others at ease
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise effectively
- A team player
- Commitment to night shifts
- Person centered approach
The successful candidate will ensure the promotion of high standards of nursing care and understand the importance of creating a kind, compassionate and caring community for our clients.
- 28 days annual leave rising to 30
- Life Insurance
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Health Care Cash Plan
- Employee Wellbeing Programme
- Training Programmes
- Enhanced bank holiday pay
- Overtime enhancements
- Free Parking
How To Apply
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on 27th August 2021.
For further details, please contact Jodie Pickles, Human Resources on 01934 818033. If you are new to the addiction field and would like to understand the work that we do here before applying please call us and we can arrange a visit to our center for a drink and a chat with our clinical team.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The safe recruitment of staff is the first step to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our clients. All offers of employment are subject to the receipt of a minimum of two satisfactory references. Broadway Lodge undertakes the level of DBS check for which a particular staff member is eligible. Nurse candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
Broadway Lodge is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.