How to Access Treatment - Corporate/Employee
Employers are finding that drugs and alcohol can affect their organisations in a number of ways:
· Punctuality/Absenteeism – employees who arrive late or not at all following a night out
· Long term sickness – those who require treatment for dependence
· Performance – employees still hung-over from the night before
· Erratic behaviour – those who drink or use drugs at work to get themselves through the day
· Accidents and Incidents – worst case, involving other parties or the public
Many organisations now have policies on testing particularly organisations involved in safety critical industries such as transport, logistics or engineering. Lapses of concentration where employee or public safety is at risk can potentially be fatal. However, having a policy on its own only identifies the problem, it doesn’t necessarily solve it. Employers who offer assistance through access to treatment are also encouraging employees with problems to come forward. Organisations with a zero tolerance approach to substance misuse will drive the problem underground. As a coping mechanism for stress, substance misuse can lead to the loss of key staff when through effective treatment, they can be retained.
Broadway already works with a number of organisations who have arrangements in place for prompt access to treatment. We can accept a referral for treatment as the need arises but we can add value by working with you to develop a process to access assistance which is faster and more efficient. We can also provide education and training for managers and staff so that potential problems can be identified earlier which increases the probability of a successful outcome, namely a life saved from addiction and a return to work.
If you wish to make a referral, to discuss a pathway, education or training needs please call 01934 812319 or email email@example.com